Andrew Woodhouse BSc (Hons) Ost
Osteopath, Advanced II NAET Practitioner
& Western Acupuncturist
Originally from the Neston (Wirral, Cheshire) area Andrew returned here having attained his honours degree in osteopathy in '98 from the British School of Osteopathy in London. He studied as a mature student, having worked in industry for 10 years as an instrument technician & electrician. For 4 of his 5 years at college he participated in a voluntary clinic treating children with Special Needs, i.e. Cerebral Palsy & Down's Syndrome.
Since graduating further study has included courses in:-
- Cranio-Sacral (or cranial)
- Visceral osteopathy (internal organs)
- Western Acupuncture
- NAET - a natural approach to allergies
His areas of special interest include:-
- Allergies, sensitivities, intolerances and associated problems
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) & other bowel disorders
- ME (myalgia encephalomyelitis (CFS - chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Children's problems i.e. glue ear (otitis media with effusion)
- Babies' problems, such as colic, restlessness, irritability
This is in addition to the relatively simpler mechanical problems of musculo-skeletal aches & pains that osteopaths treat every day, including:- back, neck & head ache / pain joint & muscle pain, including jaw pain (TMJ syndrome) 'whiplash' type injuries RSI (repetitive strain injury) frozen shoulder, impingement syndrome & rotator cuff problems tennis / golfer's elbow pains of arthritis & osteoporosis, etc.. Everyone is treated on their individual merits in the truly holistic way of the original classical osteopaths of old. The very young or old would be treated using the cranial osteopathic approach & the more robust & younger would be offered the choice of the use of manipulation, as appropriate. This involves the releasing or 'clicking' of joints for which osteopaths are known.